Are you a manager looking for CMI management training? If you have responsibility for managing people, budgets or contractors then the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Management could be a great course for you. This is a work-based course delivered through blended learning, which means much of your training can be completed in the workplace, whilst also attending City College Plymouth for half a day a week. You’ll learn, and be able to evidence, the following: How to manage your own professional development; how to set objectives and provide support for team members; and how to allocate and monitor the work of a team.
You will need to collect a variety of evidence such as statements, observations and testimonies to build a portfolio. All of this will be under the guidance of an assessor. Once the criteria for each unit has been met, the unit will be signed off as competent.Mandatory units:
- A2 Manage own professional development within an organisation
- B5 Set objectives and provide support for team members
- D5 Plan, allocate and monitor work of a team.
- A choice of 37 specific units which are tailored to the management environment and responsibilities. Details of the individual units can be located on the following website: www.managers.org.uk.
Although no previous formal qualifications are required to embark on the qualification, you will need to demonstrate first line management experience.You will:
- have to have support from your line manager
- have the opportunity to collect evidence in work
- be able to build a portfolip
- have the opportunities for workplace observations.
There are no exams.
You will have the opportunity to progress to the Level 5 CMI Award in Management and Leadership at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: NVN
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £1500
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.