Do you have an interest in science and technology in the marine and offshore engineering industry? If so, this HNC in Marine Engineering at City College Plymouth will provide you with the knowledge, skills and academic qualification to work as a marine engineer. To be successful as a marine engineer you will need to be responsible, safety conscious and a good team worker. We will teach you crucial skills so you will understand the design, construction, operation and maintenance of engines and machinery in ships and marine installations. This part-time marine engineering qualification is awarded by the University of Plymouth.
For more information about this course please read the Programme Quality Handbook which contains programme specifications and module information.
The course includes the following subjects:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Science 1
- Engineering Materials
- CAD (computer-aided design) Techniques and Design
- Naval Architecture
- Management Techniques in Marine Engineering
We welcome applications from those who have a minimum of four GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above in science and maths, as well as one or more of the following:
- 48 UCAS tariff points (for September 2016 entry)
- a BTEC National Award in a related subject
- an Advanced Apprenticeship
- an NVQ level 3 in a related subject
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
Should the entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
Assessment will be through a mixture of coursework, in-class tests and examinations.
On successful completion of this course, you may be able to progress to:
- the second year of the Marine Engineering Foundation Degree at the College, following the completion of 40 credits of additional short course study
- a career within the mechanical design and manufacturing industries.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
Course Code: UX2795
A Full Course Fee: £3500
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17|
|18 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.