|Part-time||£5,550 (£3,700 year one, £1,850 year two)|
Do you have an interest in science and technology in the marine and offshore engineering industry? If so, this HNC will provide you with the knowledge, skills and academic qualification to work as a marine engineer. To be successful as a marine engineer you will need to be responsible, safety conscious and a good team worker. We will teach you crucial skills so you will understand the design, construction, operation and maintenance of engines and machinery in ships and marine installations.
For more information about this course please read the Programme Quality Handbook which contains programme specifications and module information.
The course includes the following subjects:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Science 1
- Engineering Materials
- CAD (computer-aided design) Techniques and Design
- Naval Architecture
- Management Techniques in Marine Engineering
We welcome applications from those who have a minimum of four GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above in science and maths, as well as one or more of the following:
- 48 UCAS tariff points (for September 2016 entry)
- a BTEC National Award in a related subject
- an Advanced Apprenticeship
- an NVQ level 3 in a related subject
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience
- T Level pass in an appropriate subject area
Should the entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
Assessment will be through a mixture of coursework, in-class tests and examinations.
On successful completion you may be able to progress to:
- the final year of the Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture Foundation Degrees at the College, following the completion of 40 credits of additional short course study
- the first year of the BEng (Hons) Marine Technology degree at the University of Plymouth (you must score above 60% overall and 60% in maths)
- a career within the mechanical design and manufacturing industries.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2022/23 (August 2022 – July 2023). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2023/24.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: UX2795
A Full Course Fee: £3700
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17|
|18 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.
FdSc Marine EngineeringRead Success Story