Mechanical Design and Manufacture
Course Code: UX2798
Subject area: Engineering, Automotive & Marine
Awarding body: University of Plymouth
Qualification: Higher National Certificate
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Two years
When you'll study: Tuesdays, 8.45am - 6.15pm
Engineers who design, analyse, test, produce and use all types of mechanical systems need to take a strong scientific, analytical approach to their work. This HNC in Mechanical Design and Manufacture at City College Plymouth will train you to a very high standard in these methods. The part-time programme will also add a range of other vital competencies such as report writing, time management and budgeting, as well as developing your ability to solve problems. This course is delivered at City College Plymouth and awarded by the University of Plymouth.
For more information about this course please read the Programme Quality Handbook which contains programme specifications and module information.
The course includes the following subjects:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Science 1
- Engineering Materials
- CAD (computer-aided design) Techniques and Design
- Applications of Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Management Techniques in Design and Manufacture
We welcome applications from those who have a level 3 qualification in maths, as well as one or more of the following:
- 48 UCAS tariff points (for September 2016 entry)
- a BTEC National Award in a related subject
- an Advanced Apprenticeship
- an NVQ Level 3 in a related subject
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
Should the entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
Assessment will be through a mixture of coursework, in-class tests and examinations.
On successful completion of this course, you may be able to progress to:
- the second year of the Mechanical Design and Manufacture Foundation Degree at the College, following the completion of 40 credits of additional short course study
- a wide range of careers in the engineering industry.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: UX2798
A Full Course Fee: £3500
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17|
|18 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.