Course Code: UX9012
Subject area: Engineering, Automotive & Marine
Awarding body: University of Plymouth
Qualification: Higher National Certificate
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Two years
When you'll study: Tuesdays, 8.45am - 6.15pm
The role of a mechanical engineer is to take a product from an idea to the marketplace, and you’ll need a broad range of skills to achieve this. This course will teach you to understand the forces and thermal environment that a product, its parts or its subsystems will encounter, as well as how to design for functionality, aesthetics and environment. You will benefit from learning in the College’s excellent engineering facilities, including the state-of-the-art Regional Centre of Excellence for STEM.
For more information about this course please read the Programme Quality Handbook which contains programme specifications and module information.
This course includes the following subjects:
- applications of pneumatics and hydraulics
- management techniques in mechanical engineering
- engineering mathematics
- engineering science
- engineering materials
- CAD (computer-aided design) techniques and design.
We welcome applications from those who have the following:
- a level 3 qualification in Engineering
- an A Level at grade C or above in maths or science.
There are a variety of assessments ranging from exams, reports, essays, practicals and presentations.
On successful completion you may be able to progress to:
- the FdSc Mechanical Engineering Foundation Degree or FdSc Mechanical Design and Manufacture Foundation Degree at the College
- the first year of the BEng Mechanical Engineering degree at the University of Plymouth (students must score above 60% overall and 60% on maths).
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: UX9012
A Full Course Fee: £3700
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17|
|18 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.