Are you a bright, go getting and intelligent student who would love a career behind the scenes in the media or even in front of the cameras? This A Level equivalent course at City College Plymouth is available as an Extended Diploma in Media (two year course) or a Subsidiary Diploma in Media (one year course). This media training course is an exciting blend of practical and theoretical study. On a typical day, you might be storyboarding an animation in the morning, hosting your own radio show at midday, and, after a brief meeting about your latest video project, taking photographs for your DVD cover, or filming your latest blockbuster in the afternoon! With a focus on industry and employability, you will be working with real clients to design their logo, improve their business cards or supply a piece of journalism or radio production. This study programme is fast moving and exciting; designed to prepare you for your next steps into the industry or higher education.
This exciting course gives you practical training and an in-depth insight into the professional world of video, audio and print production.You will study many areas of media including:
- video production
- radio production (music and talk-based)
- photography and much more.
In addition, you will:
- learn from industry experienced staff
- benefit from links with all local media providers such as the BBC, Radio Plymouth and The Herald
- use cutting-edge equipment
- get fantastic opportunities to display your work in and outside College.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this course you will need one of the following:
- four to five GCSEs at grades 9-4 (A*-C) (including English)
- a level 2 media qualification
- a BTEC first diploma
- an NVQ Level 2/technical certificate
- successful completion of an apprenticeship course
- successful completion of the Gateway / Newstart course
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
All units are internally assessed and externally moderated.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a Level 4 Higher National Diploma in Creative Media Production
- employment or freelance work in a wide range of areas or related vocational area.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: MED1
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course may be free).|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.