This MOT Tester course at City College Plymouth is a qualification primarily developed for those wishing to enhance their career by qualifying as an MOT tester. Achievement of this IMI MOT tester qualification will enable you to undertake the DVSA final observed assessment. This will ensure you achieve your Certificate of Competence (CoC), enabling you to become a nominated tester.
This qualification has been designed to reflect the contents of the National Occupational Standards for MOT Testers. The content of the qualification includes:
- working safely within a vehicle test centre
- communicating with colleagues and customers
- how to manage and maintain your CPD
- carrying out pre-test checks
- carrying out an MOT test
In order to be eligible for this course you must:
- have a current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle class you want to test
- be a skilled mechanic with at least four years employment in the service and repair of the vehicle types you want to test (apprentices who have been employed for four years are eligible)
- have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT testing scheme or the motor trade
- have a level 3 technical qualification in the automotive industry (if you do not have a level 3, you can carry out the IMI vehicle inspection accreditation course prior to starting the MOT Tester course).
This qualification is subject to externally set and marked assessment in the form of online tests delivered through the IMI testing platform. In addition to the online tests, learners must successfully undertake practical assessments provided by IMI.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: MOT
A Full Course Fee: £975
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.