Do you want to know how to maintain and repair motorbikes and motorcycles? The IMIAL Level 1 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair at City College Plymouth is an exciting study programme which encompasses general motorcycle maintenance and repair procedures, giving you a good insight into the industry. The course will provide essential knowledge for this specialist group of maintenance and repair technicians, and covers the basic technical needs of today’s motorcycle industry.
This course will give you the essential knowledge needed to make your way in today’s motorcycle industry.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
There are no specific entry requirements, however you must show a willingness to engage and a genuine interest in the course that will enable you to progress into employment or further education.
On successful completion you may progress to
- the level 2 vehicle Motortech course at the College
- an Apprenticeship in the sector
- employment in the industry as, for example, a light or heavy vehicle or motorcycle mechanic or automotive stores person.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.