Do you want to know how to maintain and repair sports vehicles? The IMIAL Level 1 Diploma in Motorsport Maintenance and Repair at City College Plymouth is an exciting study programme which encompasses general vehicle maintenance and repair procedures, as well as specialist knowledge of fine-tuned racing machines. The course will provide essential knowledge for this specialist group of maintenance and repair technicians, and covers the basic technical needs of today’s industry.
You will study the following units:
- motorsport vehicle construction and routine maintenance
- operating principles of motorsport vehicle engines, tyres, brakes, steering and suspension systems
- operating principles and maintenance of motorsport vehicle transmission systems and electrical and electronic systems.
You will also work towards a City & Guilds 3268 Introductory Welding Certificate, gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, and other skills associated with working on competition vehicles.The course also includes:
- NOCN induction award
- NOCN level one award in progression
- one functional skill to level one
- City & Guilds 3268 Introductory Welding Certificate.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
There are no specific entry requirements, however you must show a willingness to engage and a genuine interest in the course that will enable you to progress into employment or further education.
You will be assessed through a variety of practical tasks and assessments, and online and paper exams.
On successful completion you may progress to a level 2 course in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair at the College, an Apprenticeship in the sector, or employment in the industry.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
Course Code: MSV
A Full Course Fee: £999
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.