On this Apprenticeship, you will work in beauty salons or nail studios and will require commitment and creativity to undertake advanced nail techniques. It will provide the skills required to enhance the look of hands and nails, including creative nail art design, and will give you the necessary skills for your continued employment as a nail technician. On successful completion, you may progress to a level 4 course in Management Practice and Advanced Techniques in the Hair and Beauty Sector, or a wide range of careers as a nail technician on cruise liners, in nail bars and salons.
Subjects studied on the Advanced Apprenticeship include three mandatory units:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations.
- Enhance and maintain nails using UV gel.
- Enhance and maintain nails using liquid and powder.
Optional Units include:
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business.
- Enhance and maintain nails using wraps.
- Plan and create nail art designs.
- Develop a range of creative nail images.
- Plan and provide airbrush design for nails.
- Prepare and finish nail overlays using electric files.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities.
Acceptance on this Apprenticeship is via initial assessment. Entry onto the Advanced Apprenticeship will require a NVQ level 2 qualification in beauty therapy or nail services or have at least nine months industry experience.
Assessment is through a combination of exams and assignments and will require completion of functional skills at level 2.
On successful completion, you may wish to continue your studies by moving onto a higher level Apprenticeship or course. You could also benefit from greatly enhanced job opportunities, whether with your current employer or elsewhere.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.