Naval architects can be responsible for the design, construction and maintenance of seagoing vessels and structures within the marine environment. This HNC, which is the only one of its kind in the UK, has been designed to develop your skills and knowledge within core subjects related to naval architecture such as maths, science and materials. You will also benefit from learning in the College’s excellent engineering facilities, including the state-of-the-art Regional Centre of Excellence for STEM.
For more information about this course please read the Programme Quality Handbook which contains programme specifications and module information.
The course includes the following subjects:
- naval architecture
- management techniques in naval architecture
- engineering mathematics
- engineering science
- engineering materials
- CAD (computer-aided design) techniques and design.
We welcome applications from those who have the following:
- a level 3 qualification in Engineering
- an A Level at grade C or above in maths or science
- T Level pass in an appropriate subject area
There are a range of assessments, including exams, reports, essays, practicals and presentations.
On successful completion you may be able to progress to:
- the final year of the Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture Foundation Degrees at the College, following the completion of 40 credits of additional short course study
- the first year of the BEng (Hons) Marine Technology degree at the University of Plymouth (you must score above 60% overall and 60% in maths).
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: UX9011
A Full Course Fee: £3700
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17|
|18 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.