Nutrition to Support Physical Activity
Course Code: YMNSPA
Subject area: Sport & Leisure
Awarding body: YMCA
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Flexible
Duration: Distance learning
When you'll study: Distance learning - learn at a time and pace to suit you in the comfort of your own home
The aim of this qualification is to develop knowledge and understanding of key nutritional principles and healthy eating to support client goals. It also provides you with skills to analyse client nutritional intake in order to offer advice within scope of practice and integrate into fitness programme design.
The course covers the following areas:
- understanding the principles of nutrition
- understanding the influence of nutrition on health
- understanding key nutritional guidelines and evidence-based recommendations and how they can be applied to individual clients
- understanding the relationship between nutrition and physical activity
- understanding how to collect information relating to nutrition
- understanding how to use nutritional information
- be able to identify and analyse nutritional information to identify clients dietary habits
- be able to apply the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme.
You will need to hold a YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent, and level 1 qualifications in English and maths.
The YMCA Level 3 Award in Nutrition to Support Physical Activity is assessed through a combination of internal and external assessment.
- Learner Assessment Record
- Multiple Choice Theory paper
- Assessment Workbook
- Consultation/case study
This qualification can improve employability for qualified fitness instructors and those instructors in the REPs physical activity advisor category.
You may choose further same-level qualifications, for example:
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
Or, if you already hold a Level 2 Fitness Instructing – Gym-based qualification:
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: YMNSPA
A Full Course Fee: £125
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.