You’ve already learned the first steps in painting and decorating and you’ve had plenty of practice. Now, this CSkills level 2 diploma in painting and decorating at City College Plymouth can take your career opportunities to the next level. As you’ll soon be working on larger commercial developments or on smaller-scale domestic properties, we aim to introduce you to the planning, organisational and practical skills to complete projects as well as helping you to advance your hands-on technical skills. This course will give you everything you need to start work as a fully qualified painter and decorator.
The main subjects covered are:
- storing materials and equipment
- preparing the work areas
- applying paint materials by brush and roller
- spraying water-borne coating using HVLP spraying equipment
- applying wallcoverings
- producing decorative effects (marbling, wood graining, stencilling and basic artexing techniques).
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this course you will need one of the following:
- four GCSEs at grades 3-1 (D-F) (including English and science)
- an intermediate GNVQ
- a BTEC first diploma
- an NVQ Level 1/technical certificate.
You will be assessed under simulated working conditions by practical projects, knowledge assignments and questions. There is an external end test and health and safety test on completion of all units.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- an Apprenticeship in the sector
- employment as a fully qualified painter and decorator to increase your site experience.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2022/23 (August 2022 – July 2023). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2023/24.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: DIPD2
A Full Course Fee: £999
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.