This level 2 NVQ diploma is about you showing your site knowledge and skills through pictures, videos and written evidence. It is what separates an apprenticeship from being a full time learner. You will learn about complex building and trade procedures specific to painting and decorating and prove competence with regards to knowledge and practical demonstrations across painting and decorating. You will also learn and evidence health and safety practices and procedures, relevant building regulations and if you choose to progress to level 3, site/project management. Our expert Trainers and Assessors are all experienced in delivering effective NVQ and construction learning, they will support and guide you through your qualification with competence and concise guidance.
This course is comprised of six units including:
- conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- applying paint systems by brush and roller in the workplace
- conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- erecting and dismantling access/working platforms in the workplace
- moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- preparing surfaces for painting/decorating in the workplace.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
This course is assessed by coursework. You will have an online portfolio where the work will be uploaded and marked by your assessor. Your assessor will also do site visits with the learner to collect evidence.
On successful completion of this course, you can choose to progress onto a level 3 which focuses on managerial aspects of painting and decorating. You will also have two years site experience to boost your CV to seek full-time employment.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.