If you’re interested in painting and decorating but are not yet employed, then this CSkills Diploma in Painting and Decorating could be the right training course for you. This course at City College Plymouth will enable you to learn all aspects of safety (because you will often be working at height), as well as how to deal with hazardous wastes, the value of surface preparation, and which tools and techniques are most appropriate.
The main subjects covered are:
- storing materials and equipment
- preparing the work area for operations
- preparing surfaces for decorating
- applying paint materials by brush and roller
- applying wallpaper.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
You will be assessed by practical projects, knowledge assignments and questions. The combination of assessment methods will depend on units of study. There is an external end test on completion of all units.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a Level 2 Diploma Painting and Decorating at the College
- an Apprenticeship in the sector.
You could also enter into employment in the industry as a basic labourer to start gaining site experience.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
Course Code: DIPD1
A Full Course Fee: £999
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.