Parenting and Parents to Be
Course Code: PTB-AIP1
Subject area: Childcare, Health & Social Care
Awarding body: OCNLR
Course type: FREE (Eligibility Applies), Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Three weeks
When you'll study: Thursday and Friday- 9.30am to 5.30pm
Parenthood can be challenging. This course will give you that little bit of extra support you might need before becoming a parent, focussing on the following subjects:
- the responsibilities of being a parent
- the rights and needs of different family members
- the importance of being honest with children and others in the family
- the importance of listening to children and giving them choices
- the major stages of a child’s development and techniques to cope with behaviour
- understand how children learn through daily activities
- understand own needs as a parent.
On this course you will learn about:
- the major responsibilities of parenthood as well as the individual rights and needs of parents, children and family members
- the importance of listening and being honest with children and other family members
- the importance of giving children choices
- the stages of child development and technniques that can be used to cope with children’s behaviour thoughtout these stages
- the importance of play and the types of activities that help children to learn
- the parent’s personal needs.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
There are no exams for this course. You will be assessed on each module.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: PTB-AIP1
A Full Course Fee: £300
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18||A|
|19 - 23||A(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course may be free).|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.