Parenting and Parents to Be
Course Code: PTB-AIP1
Subject area: Childcare, Health & Social Care
Awarding body: OCNLR
Course type: FREE (Eligibility Applies), Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Three weeks
When you'll study: Thursday and Friday- 9.30am to 5.30pm
Parenthood can be challenging. This course will give you that little bit of extra support you might need before becoming a parent, focussing on the following subjects:
- the responsibilities of being a parent
- the rights and needs of different family members
- the importance of being honest with children and others in the family
- the importance of listening to children and giving them choices
- the major stages of a child’s development and techniques to cope with behaviour
- understand how children learn through daily activities
- understand own needs as a parent.
On this course you will learn about:
- the major responsibilities of parenthood as well as the individual rights and needs of parents, children and family members
- the importance of listening and being honest with children and other family members
- the importance of giving children choices
- the stages of child development and technniques that can be used to cope with children’s behaviour thoughtout these stages
- the importance of play and the types of activities that help children to learn
- the parent’s personal needs.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
There are no exams for this course. You will be assessed on each module.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: PTB-AIP1
A Full Course Fee: £300
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18||A or B|
|19 - 23||A or B(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course may be free).|
|24+||A or B|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.