Do you have a sweet tooth? Or maybe just the desire to indulge other people’s? Either way, this pastry chef training course will provide you with the patisserie training and confectionery skills you need for a job as a pastry chef, specialising in all things sweet. As well as advanced patisserie and confectionery techniques, this course will include advanced work in sugar and chocolate and will ensure you have all the skills required for a successful career as a pastry chef in any high-class establishment.
The qualification consists of six units:
- Produce fermented dough and batter products
- Produce petit fours
- Produce paste products
- Produce hot, cold and frozen products
- Produce biscuits, cakes and sponges
- Produce display pieces and decorative items
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need one of the following:
- four to five GCSEs at grades 9-4 (A*-C) (including English and maths)
- an intermediate GNVQ in a related subject
- a BTEC first diploma in a related subject
- an NVQ Level 2/technical certificate in a related subject
- successful completion of an apprenticeship course
- successful completion of the Gateway/Newstart course
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience
All units are practically assessed on a modular basis.
Upon completion of this course, you may wish to progress on to the Hospitality and Tourism Management Foundation Degree at the College, or perhaps consider an Advanced Apprenticeship. Alternatively, you may wish to progress into employment using your new skills.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: CPC3
A Full Course Fee: £1500
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £1500
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.