This qualification is aimed at students of all ages who are looking to get started in the engineering industry. You’ll learn the skills required to work in an engineering environment, as well as gain an understanding of first line engineering. If you’re not sure which area of engineering you want to make a career in, this course will allow you to demonstrate competence in mechanical and electrical disciplines, making it an ideal starting point.
This course will cover the following subjects:
- working safely in an engineering environment
- using and communicating technical information
- carrying out engineering activities
- producing components using hand fitting techniques
- wiring and testing electrical equipment and circuits
- forming and assembling electrical cable enclosures and support systems
- maintaining electrical equipment/systems.
In order to be successful on this course you will need one or more of the following;
- fours GCSEs at grades 4-5 (C) in English, science and maths or a level 1 diploma at merit grade
- a BTEC foundation diploma in a related subject
- an NVQ Level 1 or technical certificate in a related subject
- equivalent qualifications or work experience.
You will be assessed through written and practical assessments to build a portfolio of evidence.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.