Performing Manufacturing Operations
Course Code: PG04
Subject area: Engineering, Automotive & Marine
Awarding body: EAL
Qualification: Diploma, NVQ
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One year
When you'll study: Various days and times
This EAL NVQ Diploma in Performing Manufacturing Operations is ideally suited to both the experienced operator looking for a formal qualification recognising their expertise, or someone new to the role who is following a training programme in manufacturing operation. PMO can usually be easily matched to the company training programme, which means new staff could be following the qualification from day one! To achieve the full award, you must complete six units, including one mandatory unit and four assessment units.
This course contains the following units:
- complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- assessment units (one from following)
- promoting effective working relationships
- contributing to effective team working
- assessment units (three from following)
- transferring materials
- preparing for manufacturing operations
- concluding manufacturing operations
- ensuring effective handover of manufacturing operations
- receiving and checking incoming materials
- controlling manufacturing operations
- improving effectiveness in the workplace
- analysing the results of inspection and confirming quality of production
- recording and reporting inspection and test results
- job specific assessment units (one from the following)
- transferring materials
- producing shaped products
- producing products by assembly operations
- producing joined products
- producing products by processing
- producing formed products
- finishing products
- producing moulded products
- producing packaged products
- making products using computer controlled equipment.
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need one of the following:
- four GCSEs at grades 3-1 (D-F), including English and maths
- a BTEC foundation diploma in a related subject
- an NVQ level 1 / technical certificate in a related subject
- successful completion of the Jumpstart programme
- successful completion of the PLP / Prince’s Trust programme
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
You will need to collect a variety of evidence such as statements, observations and testimonies to build a portfolio. All of this will be under the guidance of an assessor. Once the criteria for each unit have been met, the unit will be signed off as competent.
It is a requirement of enrolment that you submit work, contact or meet with your assessor at least once a month in order to avoid being withdrawn. Before enrolling you need to consider this point carefully in order to be sure that you are able to commit to participating on this basis.
Successful completion of this course could enable you to progress to level 3 qualifications at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.