The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
The course covers the following areas:
- anatomy and physiology including:
– the heart and circulatory system
– the musculoskeletal system
– postural and core stability
– the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- how to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- how to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- how to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- how to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- how to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- how to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages.
You will need to hold the YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-based Exercise) or equivalent.
You will be assessed via coursework, multiple-choice theory papers/e-assessments, practical examinations and worksheets.
Upon successful completion you may progress to the following courses at the College:
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: YMDPT
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £1300
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.