Would you like to become a personal trainer, gym trainer or coach? This ActiveIQ Personal Training course at City College Plymouth is just the training you need! You’ll learn how to work with individual clients and groups in a personal training setting. This personal training course will also cover the fundamentals of the industry and the skills needed to work either for an organisation or as a self-employed trainer.
This course includes the following topics:
- how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- the principles of exercise, fitness and health
- anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- programming personal training with clients
- delivering personal training sessions
- applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme.
Ideally, you will already hold a level 2 qualification in a related field, but this is not essential.
Assessment will be through coursework, a multiple choice examination, a portfolio or evidence and a practical assignment.
On successful completion of this course, you may benefit from enhanced employment opportunities, or progress on to a higher education health and fitness course at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
Course Code: PTRA
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £1200
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.