Would you like to become a gym instructor, trainer or coach? This course at City College Plymouth is just the training you need! You’ll learn how to work with individual clients and groups in a personal training setting. This personal training course will also cover the fundamentals of the industry and the skills needed to work either for an organisation or as a self-employed trainer.
This course includes the following topics:
- how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- the principles of exercise, fitness and health
- anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- programming personal training with clients
- delivering personal training sessions
- applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme.
Ideally, you will already hold a level 2 qualification in a related field, but this is not essential.
Assessment will be through coursework, a multiple choice examination, a portfolio of evidence and a practical assignment.
On successful completion of this course, you may benefit from enhanced employment opportunities, or progress on to a higher education health and fitness course at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: GYM
A Full Course Fee: £750
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.