Are you an experienced plasterer looking to develop advanced plastering skills that could enable you to progress to a university course? The CSkills Level 3 Diploma in Plastering qualification at City College Plymouth will advance your technical abilities and skills. This plastering training leads to an A Level equivalent qualification that provides you with an option to progress to a HNC or Foundation Degree in Construction. You will learn how to contribute to the planning, organisation, monitoring, control and evaluation of operational activities in the workplace.
The main subjects covered are:
- contributing to the planning, organisation, monitoring, control and evaluation of operational activities
- maintaining working conditions and operational activities to meet quality standards
- advanced wall finishes and fibrous work.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
You will be assessed under simulated working conditions within the construction workshops, classrooms and the Colleges construction site. There will also be an externally set exam at the end of the course.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- the Higher National Certificate in Construction at the College
- the Foundation Degree in Construction at the College
- a wide range of careers and management opportunities in the construction industry.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: DIP3
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £3000
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.