Are you a plasterer who has already learned the basics? This CSkills Level 2 Plastering course at City College Plymouth is ideal if you’ve already learnt the first steps in plastering and have had plenty of practice. The qualification equips you with plastering training to enhance your skills – learning in more detail about fixing dry lining and plasterboard products to interiors, and producing plaster components.
The main subjects covered are:
- contributing to planning, organisation, monitoring and control
- evaluation of operational activities
- maintaining working conditions and operational activities to meet quality standards.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this course you will need one of the following:
- four to five GCSEs at grades 9-4 (A*-C), including English, maths and science
- an intermediate GNVQ
- a BTEC first diploma
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
You will be assessed under simulated working conditions within the construction workshops, classrooms and the College’s construction site. There will also be an externally set exam at the end of the course.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a Level 3 Diploma in Plastering at the College
- an Apprenticeship in the sector
- employment as, for example, an improver plasterer.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: DIP2
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.