Course Code: FLPM
Subject area: Construction & the Building Trades
Awarding body: City & Guilds
Qualification: City & Guilds, Diploma
Course type: Full-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One year
When you'll study: Two-three days per week, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Be your own boss, meet new people, and learn a skill for life! This level 1 qualification in Plumbing Studies at City College Plymouth is ideal for those looking to learn the basic skills and knowledge involved in plumbing. It covers a range of basic tasks and will give you a foundation to further your studies in the construction sector or begin your career in this lucrative industry.
This course is made up of both practical and theory units and covers the following topics:
- the structure of the construction industry
- fundamental safe working practices
- environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- site preparation for working in the construction industry
- above ground drainage
- copper pipework
- plastic pressure pipework
- low carbon steel pipework
- installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
- plumbing science.
In order to be successful on this course, you will need the following:
- a level 1 qualification in maths (or be working towards one)
- a level 1 qualification in English (or be working towards one)
- a genuine interest in the subject.
You will be assessed through a mixture of internally marked tests and practical tasks.
On successful completion of this course you may wish to progress to:
- the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies at the College
- the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: FLPM
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.