Do you want to prepare yourself for your application and selection process for the Armed Forces?
The objective of this qualification is to provide informed and prepared potential recruits for the Armed Forces. It will enable learners to prepare to make a recruitment application or provide a basis for further study and progression towards the entry qualification of a specific service.
This course covers the following units:
- investigate employment in the uniformed services
- physical fitness for the uniformed services
- develop team working and problem solving skills
- health and Safety in the uniformed services
- health and hygiene in the uniformed services
- follow uniformed service routine
- exploring equality and diversity for the uniformed services
- carry out map reading and navigation
- undertake adventurous activities
- participate in competitive sports.
To be successful on this course you will need to have gained four GCSEs at grades 2 or 3 (including English and maths) or have a relevant level 1 qualification.
There are no written exams on this course. All work will be assessed through various in house assessment methods.
On successful completion of this course, you could go onto to study the level 3 Armed Forces Preparation course at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: FPSF
A Full Course Fee: £999
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.