Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
Course Code: PCS1
Subject area: Hospitality & Catering
Awarding body: City & Guilds
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Evening
Duration: Three weeks
When you'll study: Mondays, 5.30pm - 9.00pm
On this course, you will learn all the essential principles of customer service for the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism industries. This qualification will allow you to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the customer service sector.
On this course, you will learn:
- the principles of customer service in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism
- the importance of cultural awareness
- to meet the requirements of customers in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism industry with specific needs
- the role of a customer service representative in welcoming tourists and visitors to their destination.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
You will be assessed by one multiple choice test.
On successful completion of this course, you could progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Customer Service
- Level 2 or 3 NVQ/SVQ in Customer Service.
“Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2016/17 (August 2016 – July 2017). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to foundation degrees or access to higher education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)”