Principles of End of Life Care
Course Code: CPELC
Subject area: Childcare, Health & Social Care
Awarding body: NCFE
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Flexible
Duration: Distance Learning
When you'll study: Distance Learning - Flexible
This qualification aims to develop your knowledge and understanding of:
- how to work in end of life care
- the support needed to manage pain and discomfort
- how dementia impacts on end of life care
- the role of the care worker in time of death
- the loss and grief process.
This qualification consists of the following six mandatory units:
- unit 01 – understand how to work in end of life care
- unit 02 – care planning in end of life care
- unit 03 – understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- unit 04 – end of life care and dementia
- unit 05 – understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
- unit 06 – understand loss and grief in end of life care.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care, you are required to successfully complete all six mandatory units. The course is internally assessed.
You may progress onto a range of other health and social care distance learning courses at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: CPELC
A Full Course Fee: £299
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18||A|
|19 - 23||A(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course may be free).|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.