Principles of Management and Leadership
Course Code: DPLM3
Awarding body: CMI
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One year
When you'll study: Wednesdays, 1.00pm - 5.00pm (lectures are held via Zoom)
Upon successfully completing the diploma qualification you will be awarded Foundation Chartered Manager status. Putting aspiring and early-career managers on a guided development pathway to becoming a fully-fledged Chartered Manager.
You will study the following modules:
- managing own personal and professional development developing a meaningful development plan to support you to become an effective manager
- managing daily activities to achieve results to equip team leaders with the knowledge to identify priorities and set measurable objectives
- managing budgets or resources to give the knowledge that team leaders need to manage budgets and other resources effectively
- principles of management and leadership
- for team leaders who want to sharpen their professional edge and enhance personal effectiveness
- contributing to the delivery of a project to give you the knowledge, tools and techniques for managing and monitoring projects
- managing a team to achieve results to support team leaders to understand the nature of teams in the workplace
- building stakeholder relationships using effective communication helping to build the essential skills of developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You should be a practising or aspiring manager who may already be supervising or managing a team to achieve clearly defined outcomes
There are no formal exams.
You will be assessed via a CMI written assignment per unit (approximately 2,000 to 2,500 words).
Upon successful completion you may be able to progress to the Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: DPLM3
A Full Course Fee: £1250
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.