Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
Course Code: CIPCI
Subject area: Childcare, Health & Social Care
Awarding body: NCFE
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Flexible
Duration: Distance Learning
When you'll study: Distance Learning - Flexible
This qualification aims to help you to understand:
- the meaning and importance of infection control
- the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread
- methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings, you must achieve four mandatory units:
- unit 01 – principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
- unit 02 – principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
- unit 03 – principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
- unit 04 – principles of infection prevention and control in a health care settings.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings, you must successfully demonstrate your achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the chosen units. Grades are not awarded. The course is internally assessed.
You may progress onto a range of other health and social care distance learning courses at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: CIPCI
A Full Course Fee: £299
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18||A|
|19 - 23||A(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course may be free).|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.