This unit will enable you to develop an understanding of the principles of organisation and management and the ways in which engineering activities can be efficiently planned and implemented.
The unit covers the following topics:
- relationships between installation, production and maintenance operations
- the necessity for good planning in order to provide an efficient and cost effective service and why good recording processes are needed
- how data is collected and used to forecast and/or solve problems
- the main sources of labour and physical resources
- developing good relationships with all levels of personnel and the ways in which their duties need to be carried out.
You will not be expected to have an in-depth understanding of all engineering activities and strategies but should be familiar with the events/terminology that you will come into contact with during normal working conditions.
You will need to possess a level 3 technical qualification or have suitable industry experience.
You will be required to sit a final written theory exam and will need to undertake a practical assignment.
The course offers an opportunity for progression to higher education (university-level study), including foundation and honours degrees with the required grades. You could also benefit from increased opportunities.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: BRU1
A Full Course Fee: £300
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.