Our Gateway award in Healthcare and Social care will provide you with a range of essential skills and knowledge to seek employment or further training within these industries. We’ll teach you the core skills you’ll need to be able to operate in a care setting. You’ll learn all about communication, safe working and safeguarding, alongside the essential work skills you’ll need to succeed in the care industry.
On this course, you will study the following subjects;
- working in healthcare and care
- values, beliefs and behaviours for working in healthcare, care and childcare settings
- communicating for effective practice in care
- working safely in care environments
- safeguarding and protecting vulnerable individuals
- supporting health and healthy living
- developing resilience for working in the care industry.
In order to be successful on this course, you will need five GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or above.
There will be an end of year exam and assessments throughout the year.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- the level 3 health and social care or childcare courses at the College
- employment in the health and social care industry.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.