Our technical certificate in Healthcare, Care and Childcare will provide you with a range of essential skills and knowledge to seek employment or further training within these industries. We’ll teach you the core skills you’ll need to be able to operate in a care setting. You’ll learn all about communication, safe working and safeguarding, alongside the essential work skills you’ll need to succeed in the care industry.
You’ll also complete 180-200 hours of work experience as part of your course. We’ll support you in finding an employer to provide your work experience and give you the opportunity to apply the skills you learn in the classroom to real workplace situations.
On this course, you will study the following subjects;
- working in healthcare and care
- working with babies, children, young people in families in care and education
- values, beliefs and behaviours for working in healthcare, care and childcare settings
- communicating for effective practice in care
- working safely in care environments
- safeguarding and protecting vulnerable individuals
- supporting health and healthy living
- principles and theories of human growth and development
- developing resilience for working in the care industry.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In order to be successful on this course, you will need five GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or above.
There will be an end of year exam and assessments throughout the year.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- the level 3 health and social care or childcare courses at the College
- employment in the health and social care industry.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
Course Code: GHS2
A Full Course Fee: £999
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): £40
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18||C|
|19 - 23||A + C or B + C(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course may be free).|
|24+||A + C or B + C|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.