This qualification is designed to make you an informed and prepared potential recruit for the public services. It will enable you to prepare to make a recruitment application or provide a basis for further study and progression towards the entry qualification of a specific service.
The course covers all uniformed services including the Army, Navy, RAF, Police, Fire and Prison Service, as well as a range of other public services, including non-uniformed, within the community.
By the end of the course you would have:
- an understanding of the uniformed public services sector
- the opportunity to investigate career opportunities in the uniformed services
- the opportunity to investigate volunteering roles and the transferable workplace skills volunteering can provide
- the ability to prepare for a recruitment interview
- an understanding of the personal commitment and fitness requirements needed to be employed in a uniformed service role
- an understanding of the importance of health and hygiene for those in uniformed service roles
- the opportunity to understand and develop the skills and qualities needed to work in a range of uniformed services, eg team work, communication, problem solving, navigation and drill
- you will also participate in a range of activities and visits from local public services.
The course covers a variety of units including:
- investigate employment in the uniformed services
- physical fitness for the uniformed services
- develop team working and problem solving skills
- carry out map reading and navigation
- participate in competitive sports
- exploring equality and diversity for the uniformed services
- and many more!
The course is a mixture of theory and practical units and subjects. This will enable you to make an informed decision on your future job aspiration.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
All assessments will be coursework such as presentations, demonstrations, witness statements, etc.
Upon successful completion you may progress onto a level 3 qualification in uniformed public services (either a military or community and policing pathway) or another area of your choice as well as employment within the uniformed services.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: FPSP
A Full Course Fee: £999
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.