Do you think only other people can understand computers and all that stuff? Too technical? Or just not thought about it? Well, the truth is learning to programme a computer is an easy skill to learn, and here’s where you start! You’ll learn Python, one of the most common computer languages and learn how to apply it to everyday computer use. This will be a fun, interesting course and once you’ve done it you’ll never look back!
Initially, you will learn the basics …
- Installation of the software: learn how to install Python onto a computer and details of the editor.
- Perform the Hello World Task: you will be able to display Hello World onto the screen.
- Understand the different variables: string, integers, floats, Boolean.
- Using selection: you will be introduced to flow diagrams and learn how to use IF.
- Iteration: an in-depth look at loops and how they make code efficient.
- Introduction to class and objects: learn the benefits of building classes and managing objects.
Throughout the course, you will be introduced to various industry standards and methodologies. You will also be introduced to other facets of software production.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, however you will need to have a basic understanding of using a computer.
You will work towards a final project. Various assessment methods will be applied throughout the course.
The course is a great introduction to learning one important part of computing. Those who complete this course may consider applying for an Access to Higher Education course. The College will also be offering intermediate level courses in programming.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: PYTH
A Full Course Fee: £200
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.