Learn the principles of this natural and ancient therapy, where reflex points are stimulated to restore balance and wellbeing. This part-time course at City College will equip you with all the practical techniques and theory needed to achieve the Reflexology diploma qualification. Whether you’re a qualified holistic practitioner looking to refresh your skills or an aspiring therapist exploring new complementary treatments, this course will teach you everything you need to know.
This course will equip you with a range of specialist skills and knowledge for working in reflexology, with a focus on the following subjects;
- the principles and practices of complementary therapies
- business practice for complementary therapies
- knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathologies for complementary therapies
- reflexology for complementary therapies.
In order to be successful on this course you will need one or more of the following;
- a level 2 qualification in Beauty Therapy
- a level 3 qualification in Beauty Therapy
- a level 2 qualification in Anatomy and Physiology
- relevant industry experience
- five GCSE at grades A-C including science, maths and English or equivalent.Mature students may be exempt from this requirement if they have appropriate work experience/life skills or additional qualifications. Students will need to demonstrate enthusiasm and interest.
There are two externally set and moderated theory exams, along with four internally marked practical observations. You will also be required to complete a portfolio of work, including some assignments.
You will be assessed through practical observations in a realistic environment with paying clients.
On successful completion of this course, you will benefit from enhanced employment opportunities in the beauty or complimentary therapies sector. You may also wish to use your new skills to start your own freelance business. You will also have the qualification to progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy or the Level 3 Certificate in Swedish Massage.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: DRELX
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £1700
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.