Students on this course at City College Plymouth will learn in Monterey House – a purpose-built, safe and structured specialist learning environment for young people with autism. Situated at Kings Road, the course benefits from having access to all of the College’s main facilities. The study programme offers bespoke, individualised programmes of learning with a high level of support to access further study, independent living and supported employment. You can also take part in a personal development programme (this may include Duke of Edinburgh Award and/or Ten Tors). On successful completion, you may progress to other skills development courses or vocational training appropriate to individual needs.
Applications for this course are by referral only from Careers South West.
The course aims to:
- develop your skills for independence
The course includes:
- Functional Skills
- vocational options, independent living skills and leisure skills
- personal development and presentation skills
- vocational certificates
- the opportunity to follow individual learning interests – Ten Tors/Duke of Edinburgh Award
- independent travel training where appropriate
- supported work placement
- Skills for Working Life – NPTC
There are no formal entry requirements but desirable skills include:
- the ability to read and recognise key words, phrases and basic numerical skills
- the ability to understand and put into action verbal instructions
- the ability to communicate with others appropriately
- a desire to improve your work skills
- a willingness to participate in all parts of the course
You will be required to attend an informal interview.
You will have regular one-to-one tutorials throughout the course, during which your progress will be checked and your individual learning plan reviewed. You will have the opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications through on going assessment.
Upon successful completion you may progress to other College courses, take up a training place, or find employment.
Course Code: SDH4
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): £30
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.