Getting a job can be a very frustrating journey, but this Work Start course at City College Plymouth will help you all the way. You will get the opportunity to access a variety of work environments in order to develop your skills. You will also have regular access to a work coach who will help you to extend your capabilities in the workplace. On successful completion you may progress to vocational training, Project Search or find employment.
You will have the opportunity to develop your:
- functional skills
- work skills through internships
- personal development and presentation skills
- CV writing
- vocational qualifications
- self-confidence in the workplace.
There are no formal entry requirements but desirable skills include:
- completion of the level 1 Vocational Access course
- work experience
- ability to communicate effectively
- evidence of a desire to work
- a willingness to participate in all parts of the course
On successful completion you may progress to vocational training, work-based
training or find employment.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.