The OCNLR Level 1 Award in Social Media and Mental Wellbeing provides you with an understanding of the benefits and risks associated with forms of social media, knowledge of how to access support when mental health is affected by social media, and how to foster healthy social media practices that can improve mental health and wellbeing. This course is for those who want to improve their knowledge of the topic and develop safe practices when using social media in their personal or professional lives.
This course is comprised of a number of units which cover topics such as:
- the factors relating to mental wellbeing
- how social media can be used as a means of mental wellbeing support for different groups
- the risks of social media and how it can impact mental health
- the sources of support from individuals affected by issues relating to social media use
- the ways to foster healthy social media practises.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
There are no exams, however there will be module assessments.
On successful completion of this course you could go on to study the OCNLR Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health and Wellbeing.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.