The aim of this qualification is to develop the knowledge and skills required for learners who already work, or want to work, in stewarding, spectator events, security and volunteering.
You will develop the required knowledge, skills and experience required to work as a steward in sports grounds, at music festivals and any other events that require spectator safety. The qualification fulfils the requirements for stewarding set out in the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds.
This course will cover:
- helping to manage conflict
- contributing to the work of the team
- preparing for spectator events
- dealing with accidents and emergencies
- controlling the entry, exit and movement of people at spectator events
- monitoring spectators and dealing with crowd problems.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
A portfolio of evidence will be submitted for assessment and there are no formal exams.
On successful completion you may be able to gain successful employment as a steward in sports grounds, at music festivals and any other events that require spectator safety.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.