Sports Rehabilitation with Strength and Conditioning or Sports Therapy
Course Code: UF5762
Subject area: Sport & Leisure
Awarding body: University of Plymouth
Qualification: Bachelor Degree (Bachelor of Science)
Course type: Full-time, Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One year
The BSc (Hons) Sports Rehabilitation Degree at City College Plymouth is a one year top-up progression for those who have already completed a Foundation Degree in either Strength and Conditioning or Sports Therapy. The degree is awarded by the University of Plymouth and has two pathways dependent upon which field you studied at levels 4 and 5. Whilst you will continue to specialise in your chosen field, you will also study a module in the opposing field (ie strength and conditioning or sports therapy) in combination with modules focused on rehabilitation, interdisciplinary practice, employability, and personal research. The degree is accredited by the Sports Therapy Organisation (STO) (pending approval) and successful students may be in a position to apply for accreditation with the British Association of Sports Rehabilitators and Trainers (BASRaT) (depending upon accumulated practical/clinical hours). This degree aims to not only further your specialisation but also to broaden your skill/knowledge in the fields of sports rehabilitation, strength and conditioning, sports therapy and general athletic care producing employable specialists with an existing competitive CV.
For more information about this course please read the Programme Quality Handbook which contains programme specifications and module information.
The programme consists of the following modules:
- research project
- interdisciplinary practice and wider professional issues
- employability and reflective practice
Strength and conditioning pathway (only):
- advanced strength, conditioning and rehabilitation
- sports therapy for strength and conditioning coaches
Sports therapy pathway (only):
- advanced sports therapy and rehabilitation
- strength and conditioning for the sports therapist
- You must have successfully completed study at levels 4 and 5 in strength and conditioning to be eligible for the Strength and Conditioning Pathway.
- You must have successfully completed study at levels 4 & 5 in sports therapy to be eligible for the Sports Therapy Pathway.
- Those who have successfully completed study at levels 4 and 5 in a related subject will be considered on an individual basis (interview and proof of transcript may apply).
This degree is assessed using various methods such as:
- individual research project
Upon successful completion you may be eligible for study at level 7 (ie MSc, PGCE etc) at other training providers and will also be accredited practitioners (pending approval) or be prepared to undertake accreditation with several recognised professional bodies (eg STO, BASRaT, UKSCA, NSCA).
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: UF5762
A Full Course Fee: £7950
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17|
|18 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.