Professionally accredited, our Foundation Degree will help you to develop the practical skills and knowledge to confidently succeed in all areas of injury management and athlete care. You will develop extensive knowledge of injury pathophysiology; clinical and pitchside trauma assessment and management; a range of treatment methods including manual and electrotherapy; human anatomy and kinesiology; functional movement screening; strength and conditioning and injury prevention models; and rehabilitation programme design. You will also have access to the latest sports injuries technologies such as laser therapy and shockwave and put your newly acquired skills to practice during our sports injuries clinics. As part of the course, you will have the opportunity to achieve a range of vocational fitness instructor qualifications.
You will be trained by industry specialists in sports therapy, strength conditioning and exercise physiology to broaden your skills and understanding of the various roles of a dynamic and multi-skilled sports medicine team.
For more information about this course please read the Programme Quality Handbook which contains programme specifications and module information.
The course includes the following subjects:
- anatomy of human movement
- sports massage and manual therapy
- pathophysiology of sports injuries
- clinical assessment of sports injuries
- treatment and management of sports injuries
- strength and conditioning and injury prevention.
- functional anatomy for Sports Therapy
- Sports Therapy clinical practice
- advanced manual therapy and injury management
- injury rehabilitation and reconditioning
- sports nutrition (optional module)
- emergency trauma and pitchside management (optional module).
- opportunities to treat professional athletes
- opportunities to work overseas with European partners
- membership of the Sports Therapy Organisation (STO).
We welcome applications from those who have all of the following:
- 48 UCAS tariff points
- four GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, to include English, maths and a science-based subject
- T Level pass in an appropriate subject area
- equivalent qualifications
- relevant work experience
Should entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
Assessment will be through a mixture of practical assessments, in-class tests, coursework (essays and reports), presentations and seminars.
On successful completion you may be able to progress to:
- the one year BSc (Hons) Sports Rehabilitation with Sports Therapy top-up degree at the College
- the second or final year of various sports/health related degrees at a range of universities (such as health, exercise and physical activity, sports coaching, sports rehabilitation)
- a wide range of careers in the health, fitness and sports therapy industries.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: UF2691
A Full Course Fee: £7450
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17|
|18 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.
"I loved the course - so much of the theoretical knowledge learned was practically applied."Read Success Story