Support Work in Schools
Course Code: CSTL2A
Subject area: Business, Management & HR
Awarding body: City & Guilds
Qualification: Award, City & Guilds
Course type: FREE (Eligibility Applies), Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Six months
When you'll study: Tuesdays, 9.30am - 3.00pm
This qualification will provide the essential knowledge and understanding that anyone working in a school setting will need. It is perfect for anyone looking to start a career as a Teaching Assistant or is new to working in a school environment.
This ten week course will cover:
- child and young person development
- communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- schools as organisations.
You do not have to be employed or volunteering within schools, however you may find it useful in order to apply the knowledge gained in the classroom.
A portfolio of evidence will be submitted for assessment and there are no formal exams.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a Level 2 City & Guilds Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- employment as Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: CSTL2A
A Full Course Fee: £300
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.