Support Work in Schools
Course Code: CSTL2A
Subject area: Business, Management & HR
Awarding body: City & Guilds
Qualification: Award, City & Guilds
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: 10 weeks
When you'll study: Tuesdays, 9.00am - 4.00pm
This qualification will provide the essential knowledge and understanding that anyone working in a school setting will need. It is perfect for anyone looking to start a career as a Teaching Assistant or is new to working in a school environment.
This ten week course will cover:
- child and young person development
- communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- schools as organisations.
You do not have to be employed or volunteering within schools, however you may find it useful in order to apply the knowledge gained in the classroom.
A portfolio of evidence will be submitted for assessment and there are no formal exams.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a Level 2 City & Guilds Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- employment as Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.