If you are excited about the challenge of the holiday experience for tomorrow’s tourists then our study programme will give you a solid foundation of knowledge to support your career ambitions. We will teach you skills that are current, relevant and topical. You can use our course as a springboard to more advanced work-related qualifications or you might just decide to continue your training in your choice of work. There may be opportunities to visit travel and tourism organisations and there will be speakers from the industry as well as past students to give you a further insight into the industry.
You will study the following subjects:
- customer service
- retail travel services
- resort reps
- introduction to cruises
- interpersonal skills in the workplace
- worldwide travel and tourism destinations.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills eg preparing you for employment, training or further/higher education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need one of the following:
- four GCSEs at grades 3-1 (D-F), including English and maths
- a BTEC foundation diploma in a related subject
- an NVQ level 1/technical certificate in a related subject
- successful completion of the PLP/Prince’s Trust programme
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
You will build a portfolio of your work as evidence towards your final grade. There may be an online test depending on the units that you take.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: TTF
A Full Course Fee: £999
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £999
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.