If you are excited about the challenge of the holiday experience for tomorrow’s tourists then our study programme will give you a solid foundation of knowledge to support your career ambitions. We will teach you skills that are current, relevant and topical. You can use our course as a springboard to more advanced work-related qualifications or you might just decide to continue your training in your choice of work. There are several visits to assist with the completion of coursework and these include places such as Paignton Zoo, Woodlands and tourist attractions in London. There are also optional visits to vibrant destinations such as New York or an action packed visit to Disneyland Paris.
You will study the following subjects:
- customer service
- retail travel services
- resort reps
- introduction to cruises
- interpersonal skills in the workplace.
In addition to the core units, other specialist units may include; European holiday destinations, interpersonal skills for holiday reps, exploring airports and airlines, and UK travel agency operations.
The course also includes compulsory local and national visits which are linked to the learning outcomes. Get your passport ready there may be the opportunity to take part in optional residential trips such as Disneyland Paris, Krakow or New York. This will assist with developing your transferrable skills and you will gain invaluable life experiences.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need one of the following:
- four GCSEs at grades 3-1 (D-F), including English and maths
- a BTEC foundation diploma in a related subject
- an NVQ level 1/technical certificate in a related subject
- successful completion of the PLP/Prince’s Trust programme
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
There will be one online, multiple-choice test.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- the Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism at the College (subject to grades)
- a career in the travel and tourism industry.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
Course Code: TTF
A Full Course Fee: £999
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.