Windows Server 2012 – Administering 70-411
Course Code: BSCN02
Subject area: Media, Games & Computing
Awarding body: City College Plymouth
Qualification: College Certificate
Course type: Short course
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One week
When you'll study: Monday to Friday, 8.45am - 5.00pm
City College is proud to partner with distinguished local cyber-security training and consultancy company, Bluescreen IT, to present this course. Thirteen years’ experience of working with high profile clients, including NATO and the UK Government, have earned Bluescreen IT Microsoft Gold Certified Partner status – the highest accreditation the global tech giant can bestow on an independent company.
On this course, industry experienced trainers will provide you with all the knowledge you require to demonstrate that you have the primary set of Windows Server 2012 skills, relevant across multiple solution areas in a business environment, to reduce IT costs and deliver more business value. This course is part two of a three part series – along with Windows Server 2012 – Installing and Configuring 70-410 and Windows Server 2012 – Configuring Advanced Windows 70-412 – that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While there is some cross-over in skills and tasks across the courses, this course focuses on the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure such as configuring and troubleshooting name resolution, user and group management with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Group Policy, implementing Remote Access solutions such as Direct Access, VPNs and Web Application Proxy, implementing Network Policies and Network Access Protection, Data Security, deployment and maintenance of server images, as well as update management and monitoring of Windows Server 2012 environments.
Participants on this course could save 50% off the cost of their Microsoft exams and up to 50% off books and e-books from Microsoft Press. The course fee includes all software and learning materials.
Topics covered on this course will include:
- deploying and managing server images
- implementing patch environment
- monitoring servers
- configuring distributed file system (DFS)
- configuring file server resource manager (FSRM)
- configuring file and disk encryption
- configuring advanced audit policies
- configuring DNS zones and records
- configuring VPN and routing
- configuring DirectAccess
- configuring Network Policy Server (NPS) and policies
- configuring Network Access Protection (NAP)
- configuring service authentication
- configuring domain controllers
- maintaining Active Directory
- configuring account policies
- configuring Group Policy processes and settings
- managing Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- configuring group policy preference.
In order to be successful on this course, you will need knowledge and experience of:
- installing and configuring Windows into existing enterprise environments or as standalone
- configuring local storage
- configuring roles and features
- configuring file and print services
- configuring Windows Server 2012 servers for local and remote administration
- configuring IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- configuring Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) services
- configuring Active Directory Domains Services (AD DS)
- installing domain controllers
- creating and configuring users, groups, computers, and organizational units (OUs)
- creating and managing Group Policies
- configuring local security policies
You will be assessed by an exam (70-411).
On successful completion of this course, you can benefit from increased employability in the IT sector.
“Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2016/17 (August 2016 – July 2017). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to foundation degrees or access to higher education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)”
Course Code: BSCN02
A Full Course Fee: £1050
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.