Windows Server 2012 – Configuring Advanced Windows 70-412
Course Code: BSCN03
Subject area: Media, Games & Computing
Awarding body: City College Plymouth
Qualification: College Certificate
Course type: Short course
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One week
When you'll study: Monday to Friday, 8.45am - 5.00pm
City College is proud to partner with distinguished local cyber-security training and consultancy company, Bluescreen IT, to present this course. Thirteen years’ experience of working with high profile clients, including NATO and the UK Government, have earned Bluescreen IT Microsoft Gold Certified Partner status – the highest accreditation the global tech giant can bestow on an independent company.
The three Windows 2012 courses (this course, Windows Server 2012 – Administering 70-411 and Windows Server 2012 – Installing and Configuring 70-410) collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining, and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage, and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), Network Load Balancing, failover clustering, business continuity, and disaster-recovery services. This course also covers access and information provisioning, and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control (DAC), and Web Application Proxy integration with ADFS and Workplace Join.
Participants on this course could save 50% off the cost of their Microsoft exams and up to 50% off books and e-books from Microsoft Press. The course fee includes all software and learning materials.
Topics covered on this course will include:
- configuring network load balance (NLB)
- configuring failover clustering
- managing failover clustering roles
- managing virtual machine (VM) movement
- configuring advanced file services
- implementing dynamic access control (DAC)
- configuring and optimising storage
- configuring and managing backups
- recovering servers
- configuring site-level fault tolerance
- implementation and advanced DHCP and DNS solutions
- deploying and managing IPAM
- configuring a forest or a domain
- configuring trusts
- configuring sites
- managing Active Directory and SYSVOL replication
- implementing Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- installing and configuring Active Director Certificate Services (ADCS)
- managing certificates
- installing and configuring Active Directory Rights Management Services (ADRMS).
On order to be successful on this course, you will need:
- experience of working in Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 day to day in a work environment
- knowledge of the topics covered in the Windows Server 2012 – Installing and Configuring 70-410 and Windows Server 2012 – Administrering 70-411.
You will be assessed by an exam (70-412).
On successful completion of this course, you can benefit from increased employability in the IT sector.
“Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2016/17 (August 2016 – July 2017). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to foundation degrees or access to higher education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)”
Course Code: BSCN03
A Full Course Fee: £1050
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.