The CSkills level 3 in Wood Occupations at City College Plymouth is an advanced woodworking course. Our training programme will ensure you become a skilled craftsperson that can provide complex skills on-site or produce interesting and decorative effects with wood. The main subjects covered include handling and storing resources, contributing to work relationships (site management), preparing materials for use, preparing and using components and materials, management, advanced first and second fixing, and complex structural carcassing.
The main subjects covered are:
- handling and storing resources
- contributing to work relationships (site management)
- preparing materials for use
- preparing and using components and materials
- advanced first and second fixing
- complex structural carcassing.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need one of the following:
- four to five GCSEs at grades 9-4 (A*-C), including English and maths, and a level 2 diploma
- a BTEC first diploma in a related subject
- an NVQ Level 2/technical certificate in a related subject
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
You will be assessed under simulated working conditions in the construction workshops, classrooms and College construction site. There will also be an externally set exam, along with end of unit tests.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- the Higher National Certificate in Construction at the College
- the Foundation Degree in Construction at the College
- employment in the industry as, for example, a supervisor, site manager or general foreman.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
Course Code: DIW3
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £3000
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.