Skills for Business and Administration
Course Code: L2BA
Subject area: Business, Management & HR
Awarding body: Apt
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: 12 weeks
When you'll study: Wednesdays, 1.30pm - 7.00pm
Are you looking for a part-time business course? This level 2 business course is ideal for anyone looking to improve their job prospects and qualifications by studying a part-time course one day per week at City College Plymouth. You’ll study a mix of theory and practical elements including customer service, business communications, understanding the business environment and working with others. If you successfully achieve the required grade profile when you complete this course, you’ll be able to progress to our level 3 business course which is equivalent to three A Levels.
You will study various units which will help to build your CV:
- communicating in a business environment
- customer care
- understanding the business environment
- building a career portfolio
- working with others in a business
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need one of the following:
- four GCSEs at grades D-F (including English and maths)
- a BTEC foundation diploma in a related subject
- an NVQ level 1/technical certificate in a related subject
- successful completion of the PLP/Princes Trust programme
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience
Course units will be internally assessed by assignment and projects.
Upon successful completion of the course you may be able to progress to the BTEC level 3 Business course at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.