T Levels are a new, level 3 technical qualification equivalent to three A Levels, designed for 16 to 18-year-olds to pursue after completing their GCSEs. Our T Level program is a hybrid of classroom study and an industry placement of 45 days to ensure students are well-equipped to work in a variety of sectors and industries.
Boosting the city’s skillset
We’re boosting the city’s skillset by offering these new qualifications.
Comprising classroom learning and high-quality work experience, these qualifications aim to attract new talent to some of the city’s crucial industries and will ensure these students finish their courses ready for university or employment.
If you want to take on a student for an industry placement, call our Business Engagement Team at 01752 305026 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will guide you through the process and help you understand what commitments are needed from you, such as
- providing at least 45 days’ work placement
- agreeing a work plan with City College Plymouth and the student – these will include relevant learning objectives that are linked to the sector and the student’s area of study
- making sure the working environment is safe and allow the student to develop their practical skills in a safe way
- having a dedicated member of staff to mentor and supervise the student, and provide feedback on their progress
- providing feedback at the end of the placement.
Even if you are unable to offer a T Level placement, there are students on other qualifications who also complete work experience.
Use the button below to request a callback about offering an industry placement.