- This event has passed.
College Open Day – Saturday 27 April
27 April 2019 @ 10.00am - 1.00pm
There’s a lot to think about when deciding what career path you want to take. Whether you are thinking about starting an Apprenticeship, want to find out more about career specific routes or fancy returning to work, our Open Day is a great chance to receive free, impartial advice and guidance about your options and the different levels of funding and other support available.
FREE BUS TO THE EVENT! Our FREE Stagecoach bus (service 36) will be running every 15 minutes from 9.30am until 12.30pm on Saturday 27 April. The route will run from Royal Parade and the Train Station to our Kings Road campus.
Aged 16 – 18? Discover a world outside of the classroom!
You’re not just choosing a course, you’re choosing a career. That means getting stuck in and really enjoying what you do. At College you can get hands on; whether that’s learning the finer points of engineering, brushing up on hair and beauty, programming with digital and media, or building your knowledge in the construction trades.
Dream of going to university? A Levels aren’t your only option. You can earn those crucial UCAS points by undertaking a BTEC and even gain English and maths qualifications at the same time.
Aged 19+? Looking to return to work or develop your skills?
Whether you are looking to improve your career prospects, pick up a new skill or brush up on some old ones, returning to education is made easy and accessible with the College’s part-time courses. Designed to fit around your work and home life, there’s a range of courses from beauty and construction skills through to engineering and management, as well as support with English and maths.
At our event, you will be able to:
- tour the College and see our fantastic industry-standard facilities
- speak to the English and Maths team about how you can brush up on your skills for FREE
- talk to course lecturers about the courses on offer
- speak to our Higher Education team about our university-level courses
- talk to employers including: Building Plymouth, Collins Aerospace, Kier Construction, the British Army, Metric Engineering, Radio Plymouth, Plymouth Citybus, Royal Naval Reserves, Sherford Skills & Training Scheme, Sitel, Stagecoach, Plymouth Raiders and Plymotion, to find out what they’re looking for in potential employees
- meet current students and learn about our vibrant student community
- meet our student support teams and find out about the careers, funding, childcare and travel support available to you.
This is a great way to get the information you need to help you make the right decision about your future. Save time on the day and register your attendance now.