How the College is supporting students during difficult financial times
We want to make it as easy a possible to access education and there are numerous ways we are supporting our students and their families.
In order to support as many as we can to achieve their goals, develop new skills and progress to higher education or their dream career, here are some of the ways we are trying to help ease the financial pressures many are facing:
- free travel between the College and city centre (with valid College ID card)
- support with course-related costs: uniform, equipment, internet access, etc*
- free breakfast for all students on timetabled days
- free lunch*
- subsidised food and drink
- three-day week timetable** – to enable students to gain part-time employment
- support with job applications
- Student Learning Fund*
- free laptop loan service
- childcare support*
- onsite food and clothes bank (hygiene and other products available
- support pack worth £500 for students expecting a baby
- free courses for adults earning less than £18,525*
- household support fund
- fuel poverty fund*
- free period products.
Learn more about the funding support open to students by clicking here.
**Full-time study programmes