Apply Now

Course Fees & Term Dates

Courses for International Students

Whether you want to improve your English, or gain a Degree in Engineering, we’re looking forward to welcoming you to City College. You could study:

  • an English language programme. Choose a level and a date to suit your needs. Improving your English could help you to get ahead in your career. £160 per week.
  • an International Foundation Course. This can help you reach the academic and English language levels you need to get a place at a UK university. Pathways are available in business and science. Six months: £5,880, January/February start. Package fee, inclusive of accommodation, airport transfer, IELTS and also university placement, will be charged if students are recruited from South East Asia through PDVL Overseas Advisory.
  • a full-time Foundation Degree. This is a vocational higher education qualification offered in partnership with the University of Plymouth. Once you’ve completed it you can choose to move onto a final year at the University of Plymouth to gain an undergraduate degree. £7,950 per year, September start.
  • vocational courses. We also offer a range of vocational courses, which can give you the skills you need for the workplace. £5,830 a year.

Please note there may be other costs for some courses, such as external examination fees. We’ll always let you know exactly how much you need to pay. Tuition fees are payable in advance. Please see our International Student Fee Policy for further details.

For courses run in partnership with PDVL, for Chinese students, please click here for more information.

How to Apply

Download an application form, fill it in and send it back to us at or post it to the address on the form. Don’t forget to attach the extra information the form mentions, such as copies of relevant pages of your passport. We’ll contact you to let you know if we can offer you a place. We’ll ask for £2,000 of the fee before we issue a CAS number, to reserve your place.

How to Get a Visa

When you’ve accepted your place, you’ll need to apply for a visa as soon as possible. Visit the UKCISA website for advice on applying. We’ll give you the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number and CAS letter you need. It’ll be valid for six months but you must not use it to apply for a visa more than three months before the start of your course. You’ll then apply for your visa at the British Embassy or High Commission in your country. If your visa is refused we’ll refund the money you’ve paid us, minus a £200 processing fee. Let us know when you get your visa, as we can then send you details of how to apply for accommodation.

Term Dates

Please be aware that your actual course start and end date might be slightly different. We’ll tell you the exact dates in your offer letter.

Any Questions?

Just contact the International Office on +44(0)1752 305857 or and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.